Aquabeautine XL® - The Natural and Gentle Skin Refinisher
Aquabeautine XL® is the flagship product of ABT. It is a gentle multifunctional ingredient to perfect the complexion, to get a younger looking skin with an improved, refined texture and a healthy glow.
The effects of Aquabeautine XL® on human skin were discovered by coincidence. Salmon hatchery workers reported that their hands became soft after sorting salmon eggs despite the prolonged exposure to cold water. This piqued the interest of scientists at the University of Bergen and led to the discovery of unique proteases and proteins released in surrounding water when salmon eggs hatch.
Aquabeautine XL® is a patented protein solution derived from the hatching water of salmon roe or "red caviar" as it is otherwise known. Aquabeautine XL® is:
- Novel and unique.
- Mild enzymatic alternative to AHAs, able to render comparable results without skin irritation.
- Proven to tackle 6 signs of aging in vivo (skin dullness, roughness, fine lines, wrinkles, hyperpigmentation and sagging) while keeping the skin moisturized.
- 100% natural and sustainable.
- Safe and non-toxic: extensive testing by independent laboratories.
- Easy to formulate: colourless, odourless and active in a broad pH range.
- Stable for years in products (under standard conditions).
Aquabeautine XL® can be used in most topical skincare products for face and body, even for the most delicate skins.
Designed by nature, Aquabeautine XL® is obtained from a sustainable source and is 100% biodegradable. It is extracted from the water after the natural hatching process is completed, without harming animals in any way. Aquabeautine XL® is collected at a hatchery by a pristine fjord. Salmon eggs hatch in fresh water sourced from a secluded lake famed for the quality of its water. The production process is eco-friendly: low energy consumption and no environmental impact.